Converged Technology Group IDs Eight Ways Video Enhances HR Recruitment Efforts
Managed Services Partner Shows New York Firms How Technology Can Help Them Recruit Top Talent Faster, Develop Employees More Effectively, and Retain Key Executives
ISLANDIA, NY, October 29, 2015 – When a company hires a new employee, the expectation is that the organization’s overall productivity will increase. Locating, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, training and retaining qualified candidates, however, is both time consuming and costly. The goal of today’s human resources (HR) professional is, therefore, to find and hire the best available talent and to integrate new employees in a way that moves them from newbies to significant contributors in the most cost-effective and timely way possible. According to Converged Technology Group (www.convergedtechgroup.com), an award-winning Managed Services Partner (MSP) serving clients throughout the Northeast, successful HR professionals have discovered they all have one secret in common, and it’s one that propels them – and their organizations – to the front of the race for employee ROI: video collaboration.
“In partnership with Cisco, we recently held an event focused on the use of video throughout the recruitment process that drew widespread attention from people in a variety of HR roles, including recruiters, learning and development professionals, as well as C-level executives,” says Leo E. Galletta, President and CEO, Converged Technology Group. “The event showcased the strategies, capabilities and technologies required to engage the broad spectrum of a multi-generational workforce. During the event, we performed live demonstrations of video collaboration tools, something which all of the attendees said they found to be relevant and extremely valuable. Why did an event focused on the relationship between HR and IT resonate so well among traditionally non-technical line-of-business professionals? Because companies are having very different conversations today about business outcomes and the best ways to recruit, develop and retain top talent – and most have realized that technology is the key.”
The ROI of Video Collaboration
Today’s HR professionals conduct worldwide searches to fill key positions, and they need the technological tools that can help them do it. To expand their search and attract an increasingly technology-dependent millennial workforce, recruiters must embrace video and use it to its fullest extent to increase their company’s return on human capital. Experts agree that video is quickly becoming an HR pro’s most valuable tool: Studies show that video yields 35 percent greater year-over-year improvements in time to hire and 32 percent greater reductions in costs per hire*. To help HR, IT and the C-suite see eye-to-eye, Converged Technology Group has identified eight important reasons to embrace video collaboration in the recruitment, development and retention process:
- It’s Personal: Interviewers can more effectively and efficiently pre-screen candidates face-to-face via video than they can over the phone.
- Putting it all Together: Group interviews are becoming more commonplace, and video allows hiring managers to assemble remote resources to conduct an interview on short notice.
- Part of the Team: When relocation isn’t a possibility, video makes it easier to hire, train and retain remote workers where they are, yet still have them feel like a valued part of the team.
- Warming Cold Feet: Staying connected with employees in transition by beginning the onboarding process before they arrive keeps new hires engaged from the day the offer goes out until their first day on the job.
- Anywhere, Anytime Communication: Video allows for instant communication between colleagues, giving new hires a feeling of connectedness from the start that speeds the onboarding process.
- Experience Matters: The days of using post-it notes and rotary phones to conduct business are gone; tech-savvy millennials expect to work in a connected, digital environment and are actually shopping for employers that offer them the kind of “connected workplace” experience they envision.
- A Balancing Act: Because the line between work and personal time has blurred, employees want to be equipped with the tools they need to be as productive at home as they would be in the office, giving them the option of building a more flexible schedule and a better work-life balance.
- Love of Learning: Video helps learning and development managers present training that is more compelling and engaging, something which ultimately translates to better organizational return and employee retention.
*Aberdeen Group: “Bridging Distance in the Talent Lifecycle”
- Missed the event? Wondering if video is right for your organization? Schedule a consultation with Converged Technology Group to find out: http://ow.ly/TSFkl.
- Productivity-boosting communication and collaboration solutions can help HR recruit, develop and retain top talent more efficiently and cost-effectively than ever before; learn how harnessing the power of video can change the way you do business in five important ways: http://bit.ly/1urB6pT.
- Explore what managed services like Assist360 can do to reduce collaboration support costs: http://ow.ly/urpZz.
About Converged Technology Group
Converged Technology Group is an award-winning Managed Services Partner (MSP) focused on improving IT performance and business outcomes while lowering the cost of technology support for businesses in healthcare, financial services, education, retail, legal and other cutting-edge industries. Located in Islandia, NY, and New York City, Converged Technology Group provides enterprise networking, collaboration, virtualized data center, cloud solutions and managed services to regional and multinational enterprises. The company provides business-critical uptime all the time, and helps clients design, implement and operate their IT infrastructure, communication and computing systems for the greatest return on their IT investments. For more information on Converged Technology Group, please contact us at 631-468-5728 or email@example.com, and visit our website at www.convergedtechgroup.com.