Converged Technology Group Says Human Resources Professionals Need Advanced Communication and Collaboration Tools to Meet the Expectations of Tomorrow’s Workforce
Managed Services Partner Says Evolving Workforce Demands Changes to Workplace
ISLANDIA, NY, August 25, 2015 – Human Resources (HR) professionals have one of the most challenging corporate jobs. Not only does HR serve an ever more demanding internal customer – employees, it must also anticipate the needs of an ever-changing external customer as well – job candidates or tomorrow’s workforce. Experts at Converged Technology Group (www.convergedtechgroup.com), an award-winning Managed Services Partner (MSP) serving clients throughout the Northeast, say that the key is to leverage productivity-boosting solutions, like communication and collaboration technologies, that will help HR professionals as they attract, empower and retain top talent within their organizations.
“Tomorrow’s workforce will be more flexible and collaborative than ever before. By providing both job-seekers and current employees with the technologies that make them most effective, human resources professionals can attract, develop and retain top talent for their organizations,” says Leo E. Galletta, President and CEO, Converged Technology Group. “These tools include, but are not limited to, video conferencing technologies for candidate interviews and team meetings and BYOD technologies for an increasingly mobile workforce.”
HR Tools to Attract, Empower & Retain Tomorrow’s Workforce Human resources professionals must lead the change in their organizations to provide the flexibility and competitiveness necessary to attract, empower and retain a high-quality workforce. In its recent Connected World Technology Report, Cisco highlighted a number of factors driving changes in the way human resources professionals are approaching the workforce of tomorrow:
- 40% plus of Gen X and Gen Y professionals and nearly 60% of HR professionals consider themselves “Supertaskers” using multiple devices to increase their productivity.
- Most professionals use two to three work and personal devices in their daily lives.
- Most respondents believe their most important device in 2020 will be a smartphone.
According to the report, many HR professionals are making adjustments, but more is needed:
- About half of Gen X and Gen Y professionals feel their organization’s HR department is adjusting to enable a more mobile, flexible work style for its employees; though nearly one third feel it is not doing so quickly enough.
Here are three areas where advanced communication and collaboration technologies can help human resources professionals meet the expectations of tomorrow’s workforce:
- Video conferencing for talent acquisition. Using business video in the interview process can help HR professionals reach candidates in different areas of the country or world, reducing travel time and scheduling conflicts on both sides of the desk. Nearly 60% of HR professionals would be willing to hire a candidate by only interviewing him or her using video conferencing.
- BYOD for mobile workers. Mobile devices are no longer a “nice to have” they are a “must have” technology. In recognition of this, nearly 70% (68%) of HR professionals agree that adopting a flexible, mobile work-model can deliver competitive advantage.
- Work environment flexibility for employees. The traditional workday is gone. More than half of professionals say they are accessible for work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. By providing employees with tools like business video, HR professionals can deliver training, improve communications, help build relationships and increase productivity by making it easier to meet face-to-face over distance.
- Watch a video about how HR and IT Create the Future of Work: http://bit.ly/1hD6imx
- Learn how to harness the power of video for efficient, effective collaboration: http://ow.ly/BcJDB.
- Read “Five Ways Video Can Change the Way Companies Do Business”: http://bit.ly/1urB6pT.
Source: Cisco Connected World Technology Report (2104) http://cisco.com/go/ccwtr
About Converged Technology Group
Converged Technology Group is an award-winning Managed Services Partner (MSP) focused on improving IT performance and business outcomes while lowering the cost of technology support for businesses in healthcare, financial services, education, retail, legal and other cutting-edge industries. Located in Islandia, NY, and New York City, Converged Technology Group provides network infrastructure, unified communications, virtualized data center, cloud solutions and managed services to multinational enterprises. The company provides business-critical uptime all the time, and helps clients design, implement and operate their IT infrastructure, communication and computing systems for the greatest return on their IT investments. For more information on Converged Technology Group, please contact us at 631-468-5728 or email@example.com, and visit our website at www.convergedtechgroup.com.